Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another little miracle


Mom and Dad-

It sounds like you had a pretty fun week. I cant wait to see Chili, she sounds like a great pet. I can just imagine Sadie’s reaction from seeing her haha. Has Charlie Murphy seen Chile yet? How long are you going to be at the lake for this week? Im so jealous haha! But at the same time im not really too disappointed because I am having the time of my life out here.

This week has been great! Elder Goch and I both still have mild coughs but its nothing that would keep us in. We found 6 new investigators this week! It was so great. We started doing a lot more tracting and it has really paid off. Not only did we find people from tracting, but we also got a ton of referrals as well. The ward is really starting to open up to us. We have been trying to work with them a lot more to help us with rides to appointments and what not so that’s been pretty cool.

The weirdest thing ever happened to us this week! On Wednesday, we got a super random phone call from this guy who was like,” You don’t know who this is, but don’t hang up. Im a return missionary from Fullerton California and im calling to give you a referral for a girl that I randomely met on myspace who lives in your area. She seems really nice, and I have been talking to her on the phone for about a week now. Can you please go buy a cheese cake and bring it to her?” I was so confused! He even knew our names! So I was like,” how did you get our number and how do you know our names?” And he said,” she gave me her address, so I looked up which mission that it would be in and it happened to be yours, so I called the mission home and got your number and your names.” So at this point I believed the guy, and I told him I would do it, because if anything else, bringing this girl a cheese cake would probably get us in with her and allow us to teach her a little bit. So I got the girls name and address from him, and then I asked what his name was, and he said it was Sean Paul. Then I was like, wait a second, you live in fullerton? I know a Sean Paul that I went to institute with in Fullerton. It turns out that I totally knew this guy! When me and Robby would play ping pong down there we would always see him and he played with us a couple times! Super weird! It turns out that we had all the same friends down at the Fullerton institute haha! Anyways, so we were both wierded out at how random the whole situation was that this girl just happened to live in our area out here. What are the odds? So we went to Walmart and bought a cheese cake and brought it to Emily (the girl) and she was super excited. We taught her a little bit and she totally wants to learn more. Sean Paul ended up calling again and I guess she called him and told him that she was totally excited to meet us and that she was up for learning more. So good! That wasn’t just a coincidence, it was a flat out miracle. So anyways, really good things are happening in our area right now, and we are way excited.

We weren’t able to meet with the Millers this week, he was feeling pretty sick, but other than that, the week was good. I love Elder Gooch. He is hands down my favorite companion so far, and its not just because his name is Gooch, although that does play a big factor. He is so easy to get along with and is hallarious. Im so happy right now, I couldn’t ask for anything more.

I just got Jessicas wedding invitation in the mail! So crazy! I think all of my friends are going to be married when I get home. Its going to be really weird. I know a few of my other friends at BYU that I went to school with have gotten married recently also. Have you heard from Casey, Sean, Eric or any of those guys? Page just wrote me saying she hung out with you guys recently. That sounded like fun.

Anyways, I love you guys. I so happy that you are happy Life is good isn’t it? The Gospel makes everything brighter, I love it. K well im gonna go. Mom- I love you! Dad- I love you!
Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

1 comment:

Natalie said...

hello burnhams! i read your blog and i just wanted to say hi and let you know that this post was awesome! i love missionaries. hope all is well! natalie (faught) fenn